M S Benbow & Associates (MSB) specializes in project management providing services in conceptualization, definition, design, planning, coordination, scheduling and implementation. We adhere to a project management methodology based on the doctrine advocated by the Project Management Institute and its PMBOK® guide that is tailored to fit the technical and commercial terms of the project. The planning process and scope definition result in classic Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and templates that are valuable tools for organizing and managing the actual work, duration and budget involved in producing a deliverable.
We have a strong commitment to dependable and reliable project management capabilities that include electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, civil/structural and communication engineering services. We have managed new project installations, equipment upgrades, plant turn-around operations, and retrofit projects for clients throughout the Gulf South. MSB’s senior level managers have an average of more than 20 years experience in the engineering design, construction, procurement, and consulting phases of project management.
- Perform project plan development including scope definition and planning; activity definition, sequencing, duration estimating, and scheduling; resource planning, cost estimating and budgeting; and, risk identification, analysis and management planning.
- Develop a project schedule by factoring the structure, sequence of tasks, and constraints of the project and its activities.
- Coordinate and evaluate bids and RFQs to provide recommendations to the client.
- Create project budgets using cost considerations and baselining to support earned value measurement and reporting.
- Execute project plan with attention to quality assurance, team development, information distribution, solicitation and source selection, and contract administration.
- Integrate change control through scope verification; schedule, cost and quality controls; performance reporting; and, risk monitoring and control.
- Tailor Microsoft Project and other software tools to highlight milestones and critical path line items and to create custom reporting that match the requirements of the project and client.
- Schedule routine meetings with the client and subcontractors to review progress, provide statistical reporting and discuss the impact of variances and deviations from the overall plan.
- Communicate with contractors, suppliers and consultants to ensure project is completed efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
- Perform contract closeout and administrative closure.
- Members of the Louisiana Engineering Society (LES), National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) and Louisiana Society of Professional Engineers. For a complete list of all affiliations and certifications click here.